Monday, July 30, 2007

the life of a procrastinator

I've always heard that ignorance is bliss....I would have to say from experience that so is the procrastinator mentality.

It's the same mindset that fuels the disorganized soul's constant state of mess as well.

Just recently during my summer sabatical from the life of teaching high school students, I have made a very strong effort to organize my life, my teaching, everything really. It all started in the garage and radiated like a cancer through my house and my life. I discovered new worlds as I cleaned out old cabinets and closets. I found trinkets from my childhood that reminded me of a past life. I cleaned and cleaned, making order out of chaos and forming new places to keep the things I use on a daily basis instead of things that I will never use again.

In this process I probably "stored" some very important USB and Firewire cables that help me run recording hardware on my computer so that they can never be found again. It's funny. When my life was in disorder, I knew where everything important was. All I had to do was reconstruct the last event in my mind that I used said object, and, oala! I knew where I could find it. Now that things are "in their place", I'm at a complete loss.

So here's to progress, organization, doing things on time, and everything else "Type-A" that fights the natural order of entropy.

No comments: