Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hang loose

Sunlight fills the space around us like folk music from the radio on a spring night....comforting, warm, blissful lethargy.

A lazy roll of my head to the side to catch the sillouhetted shape of my beautiful wife laying in the sand beside me...

...waves continue their steady, comforting connection with the beach beneath us.

no time but for the two of us. present. happening. now.

no thoughts but for what we've missed out on in the past year....wait....


..."do I look skinnier than her?" she says as some girl walks by ...."Babe..." I say...

..."You're totally skinnier than her"...

...Now no thoughts but for what we're catching up on.

gratitude for time to do nothing....together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good imagery - love that feeling of nothing but present, and wish i was on a beach right now. But Arizona will do fine, just fine . . .

Jeff and Kelley said...

thanks man. Kelley read your post about romance on the veranda and loved it. Just thought I'd let you know.