Wednesday, July 18, 2007

eyes skyward

I'm hanging out in Barnes and Noble right now on a Wednesday enjoying some $4 internet and I figured.."heck..why not add a post to the blog since I'm spending the cash".

This Friday Kelley and I are heading to Fripp island for a week of escape. Evidently the place we're staying has 3 golf carts for putting around the island and it's really close to the beach.

I love these summer trips with the Batemans. They are so generous with their time and money when it comes to allowing us to share some vacation time with them. It's good for kelley and me as well just in that we get to go and have some married couple time away from Columbia.

I've been looking forward to this trip since winter time.

There's got to be a parallel here. Wait for it.... It'll hit...

Okay maybe not. The other day Bobby Hatfield and I were talking about the anticipation of Christ coming back. We were mentioning how Jews (at least the Jews who practice cultural Judaism,God bless them) often live in a state of complacent unexpectance. I hope that's a word.

Like they're saying the One has yet to come, but I haven't really seen much in practice or public statement about their eager awaiting of the Savior to come. This, admittedly, might be because I don't talk to many devout Jews. I apologize if I've offended anyone....totally not my point.

On the contrary, I think the offense is pointed at myself in my own faith. I do believe the Savior has come....and is to come again. Yet I often live life in a way that represents MY complacent unexpectance of His return.

So as I look forward to a week at Fripp island, I'll teach myself to keep my "eyes skyward".

No comments: