Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Something in the water...or the brownies...

I remember movies like Erin Brokovich where small towns often talk about being careful of what's in the water. School teachers and nurses often report strange happenings from their jobs when everyone is acting the same way or having the same ailment....like evidently full moons mean many babies will be delivered.
Whatever the normal things are....today was one of those crazy days. I think most of the kids at school got bit by the stupid fly, and all of the teachers that I talked to got bit by the apathetic fly. I even had a kid in my outdoor adventure class GET LOST WITH A GPS UNIT in his hand behind the school. How does that happen? I can see the headlines now......"School teacher fired due to lost student during a Global Positioning System unit". That would make "dumb crook" news or something.

In other news, Kelley is back from her 1 day adventure into the wide world of house-sitting! She had the apathetic bug bite her as well, so we're now in the process of sinking down into the couch cushions for a long night of mindless photoreceptor stimulation. I mean seriously....who DOESN'T love cinematic adventures in the comfort of your own home!?

I think I'll take off work on Friday. Listen to the Weepies and eat some Pillsbury Grand Flaky Layers biscuits.

No comments: