Friday, May 18, 2007

Hurry up and wait...

I love youth retreats man!
This weekend, Kelley and have the honor of leading worship for the youth retreat at First Baptist Church in Traveler's Rest, SC. Right now, though, I'm still in Columbia because Kelley got caught in traffic on the other side of town. Nobody's fault, of course, but man does it suck knowing that you're going to be late for such a cool gig!
The theme for the weeken is "Strangely Dim"......kind of from the old hymn "Turn your eyes upon Jesus".
I'm excited about our set list for tonight. We'll start it out by singing a call to worship in the form of an updated "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" that uses a pretty powerful line from a U2 song as a bridge. We'll then work our way through praising a bit and then describing (through song) the amazing contrast between things of earth and things of God that knowing God throws into sharp relief. We'll do the old Caedmon's call tune "All I know" that describes the blind man, and then "My eyes have seen Holy" by Bebo Norman.

At the end we'll bring the personal persistent image of God back into the picture by singing "Oh love that wilt not let me go" to finish it out.

I'm pretty stoked.

So pray for a weekend that God will use to change some lives! :)

cheers

No comments: