Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rained Out...

I had a Tai Chi workshop, a canoe trip, and an evening playing gig lined up for today.

Tai Chi workshop...check

Canoe trip....bleep deee dee deep de de de de de deep da de deep....Urgent weather report shows scattered thunderstorms for Camden and Columbia all afternoon long. If you were planning on being on on the water......DON"T! heheh...suckers!

Crap! I was really looking forward to that trip. The kids from my Outdoor Adventure class that haven't canoed before were going to come with me for an afternoon out at Goodale State Park. Oh well...there'll be other days.

I think the gig tonight will still be fine. I'll just set up in doors. I haven't played out in a while, so I'm pretty stoked about it. Playing covers is always tough though because I feel like I'm selling out a bit. I need to keep in mind that it's giving me an opportunity to work on my craft with songs that people know. Putting little tweaks on each one so that it sounds original....changing the feel of it altogether so that people listen to the words this time....maybe even slipping in an original if I feel like the room and crowd are in a position to give me sound a fighting chance. I cherish those moments.

I'll shoot some pictures of the gig up later.

No comments: