Friday, May 18, 2007

music to cleanse the soul

I love the thought process that goes into preparing for worship. I'll have a tune in my head....or in my soul depending on what it is that I dig about the tune....the music or the lyric. Then as I start working up the worship set, some metaphor will jump me or some scripture will come to mind. Then the list usually just plays itself out nicely with whatever scriptural theme the speaker is lining up.

Tonight was a little different. I planned worship based on the group bible studies that would be going on AFTER the worship service. It definitely went with the speaker's points, but probably hit home later on.....at least I hope it did.
Tomorrow we're talking about Zaccheus and Paul on the road to Damascus. Our speaker this weekend is a very good friend of mine....Will Snipes. He is often a bit secretive about what he's actually speaking on, so it's great to see how God will line up what we use for worship and what he uses during the message.

This is a perfect change of pace for me during this hectic time of year when school is ending and things are up in the air. Kelley sounded amazing tonight eventhough I messed some stuff up. The practice time after worship was just as worshipful for me and, listening to her voice when she's confident always drives me crazy.

That's all for now. I'll take some pics tonight and get them up tomorrow.

cheers

No comments: