Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Ode to Veruca Salt (or "Why couldn't we be like Dogs?")




Teach me to breathe...a breath of fresh air
Take from me that...which without I'd still fare
Play me the game of life if you dare
I'll whine and complain all the same

Dependent on all...which around me exists
Little mishaps...become impassable cliffs
I want it now...give it or split
Don't lecture or call out my name.

It's you I despise...with your upright stance
Watch me fail...show me that disdainful glance
I'll sue your pants off...if just given the chance
I'm Victim. What else can I claim?


I wish that Americans could learn from my dogs. They eat what they're given, they love people...unconditionally, they screw up and simply put their ears back in recognition of their short falling. Most of the time they simply want to love on you. They're annoying as hell, but just because they want your attention. They never blame things on others, or demand for more than they need. They're thankful for what they get and they get tons in return.

Today I'm weary of victims. I'm refreshed by the individuals I've come in contact with who know the beauty of independent living. Taking credit where it's due, giving credit when it's due, being honest, being laid back, not sweating the small stuff, FORGIVING, and not taking life too personally. To those of you who I've met that fit any of these previous statements....the world is better because of you. Here's a big bloggin' SALUTE!
For all those victims out there....you know you are....the people who get in a car accident and think "hey I might be able to make some money off this guy if I act like my neck hurts!".....the ones who take a thunderstorm personally or whine about the weather and gas prices. GROW UP!
There are literally millions of people who consider you to fit into a small sect of the world's population that represent 75% of the world's wealth. Trust me....you have it great!
I'm sure that all of you I'm talking to have had some horrible childhood experience that makes the rest of the world owe you a tax break or welfare, but please understand that it's scientifically proven that the universe does not revolve around your cranium.
Now I'm not talking about the oppressed.....those laden with heavy burden from bureaucrats, dictatorships, or persecution.... I'm talking about those who can't see all the good that they have because they're too busy complaining about some meaningless detail in their day.

I feel like Robert D Rayford from the John boy and Billy Big show......I even feel a bit republican for all this ranting and raving......Mark...I know you're laughing. Forgive the tirade, but boy does it feel good to vent.


I'm going to go get out in the sunshine. Happy Tuesday to all you fiercely independent bloggers.

1 comment:

Mark Horner said...

I am, thank you, laughing uproariously.

All kidding aside, I enjoyed your rant. Although, admittedly, I am vexed by what category I may fall into...

P.S. Hope your gig went well the other night.

P.P.S. I have an overnight (10p.m. to 7a.m.) shift at B&N to look forward to tonight. Oh yeah!!