Monday, July 7, 2008

A diversion from the Tao of Joe




I'm in New Mexico for a week! The main purpose is training in the International Baccalaureate curriculum in biology (which is definitely intense and taking most of my daily time). But let me just say that the faculty I have had conversations with, the hikes I have been on, the feeling I got when I walked into what will be Kelley and my house in 3 weeks...all these experiences have been nothing less than complete affirmations that our journey to the American West and the United World College is completely part of God's plan for us.

I'm really sad to leave Kelley home this week and have to do all this alone, but she'd be bored with the meetings and wanting to get the house set up anyway, which is understandable.

I won't go on anymore than just to say that I hope life continues to progress in an upward motion from here. This is amazing and a dream come true in that I can now fully provide for my family, live in a nurturing evironment for my wife and my soon-to-be munchkin, give myself to both family and job without feeling like either is a "job", and live in some of God's most mysterious, haunting, and beautiful country.

peace,
jeff

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Everything sounds so exciting. I am so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff. It was great to meet you last week, and I look forward to getting to know you and your family better. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you need help or have more questions about the school or about northern New Mexico.

Cheers,
Jeremiah