Monday, June 25, 2007

The Global Community

The NECC conference reaches much further than I realized. After a workshop this afternoon, I went back to the GWCC to hang out in the hallways and get some free wireless internet. In the process I met a fellow person in need of electricity and so shared an outlet and a spot on the hallway floor.



Cecilia is from the Philippines and is a NECC award winner for the work she is doing in global community wikis with her students. She has recently set up a great site that allows students to log in and upload videos and pictures that spread a message of hope across the planet. It's almost a "here's what I'm doing in service" wiki that connects many students so far from Japan, Australia....and soon the US. I'm looking forward to more service learning in my classes, clubs, and youth group...and I'd love for us to get involved with her site.



So congrats Cecilia, and keep in touch from the South Pacific!

No comments: