Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've been accused of it a time or two...







...being a 6-year-old that is.


I can't help it man. For some reason I still have that natural desire to plunder around for shiny stuff when I go into people's houses. I'd rather be out in the woods building a tree house than sitting inside doing "grown-up" stuff. I'd just assume not eating brussel sprouts and if you want to go on a bike ride with me, we better be heading to somewhere with a big dirt mound we can use as a ramp or a hill to ride down. I don't mind working at all, but you better spell work "P-L-A-Y", or at least make it seem like it's fun to do.

And so, in appropriate kid spirits, Kelley let me drive us all up to Agua Piedra 2 weeks ago to do some sledding on a school day (after work of course). I used my brand-new birthday/christmas gift...my Mountain Boy Ultimate Flyer and zipped down the hill like a monkey on a banana peel surfboard. I have to admit...being from the east coast, I've never been on snow like this, or a hill quite that steep...it was AWESOME (and I screamed like a little girl).

So here's to harnessing your inner 6-year-old!

cheers,
jeff

No comments: