Monday, January 30, 2012

Stealing the Sun

So at long last I've decided to work seriously towards a recording project. Over the past couple of years, I've cranked out song after song and have been dissatisfied with my own recording engineer ability using protools out of my workshop. Due to his extensive recorded artist list, uncanny engineering ability, musical talent, and all-around "good-guyness", I've chosed to go with Kenny McWilliams at Archer Avenue Studios for the project. The album will be called "Stealing the Sun" from what I anticipate the title track to be.

I'm estimating the disc will have around 12 songs on it, ranging from bare-bones acoustic folk to more emotive and produced pop. Instrumentation will probably be centered on the acoustic, but will have a couple of tunes that are more heavily leaning towards piano. There will be lots of bass, background vocals, harmonica, and maybe even a little drum set to give things a finished sound.

My main hesitation with all of the extra instrumentation is that I still want this project to be something that I could produce the basic spirit of at a live show without tons of extra help.

I've worked on comissioning an artist for the album already and it is now down to collecting funds as the only thing really that stand in between us and the final product.

Check back often over the next few weeks for updates and sample tracks.

No comments: